Monday, February 17, 2014

Wire Word Necklace

A word that means a lot to someone turned into a fashion statement necklace, yes please!  I wanted to make a special present for my friend's birthday, and this is what I came up with.  To begin, I printed of the word I wanted to use in a cursive font so I could use it as a template.

Materials for this project:
Needle-nose pliers
Beading wire
Chain
Circle rings
Pencil
Beads (optional)
Claw clasp (optional)

1) Start forming your first letter, mine was a capital L.  Be sure to have a bit of extra wire at the beginning so that you can form a loop at the end.
2) Start forming the other letters and be sure they are all attached.  A tip when making circles, use a pencil and wrap the wire around it.  Also, the needle-nose pliers work to bend the wire into tight areas.
3) Once you have the entire word formed, make a tiny loop at the top right hand corner, and the bottom left.
4) Open a circle ring and attach it to the bottom loop, attach one side of the chain to that loop.
5) Now you can add beads.  I added two.
6) Attach the other side of the chain to the opposite loop using another circle ring.
7) At this point I chose to be done, but you could cut the chain and add claw clasp.

Picture Below:)


No comments:

Post a Comment